Thursday 3 May 2012

Plume

I have always enjoyed Lisa Mutch's patterns and recently finished one of her shawl design's called 'Plume'. Plume is a typical Lisa design: contrasting colours and varying textures that make for very enjoyable knitting. I worked mine up in Tosh Merino Light in the colourway 'Silverfox' as well as some NorthboundKnitting Superwash merino fingering weight in the colourway 'Chanterelle'.


I love the dramatic points on the shawl and the strong use of colour and I'm now debating whether I might put an extra repeat onto the shawl to make it even bigger. I absolutely love larger shawls and find that I wear them so much more. I won't mind spending more time on the shawl either as I found Lisa's pattern so clever and I have left over yarn which is always nice to finish up completely.


1 comment:

  1. Lisa's designs are so gorgeous and your Plume is stunning. I say go for another repeat -- I like large shawls, too.

    ReplyDelete