Wednesday 20 June 2012

Blocked!

I have to tell you about some great new wires I've been trying out for blocking because I think they're amazing. The wires come from Inspinity, which is a shop on Etsy that sells different types of blocking wires in kits. I read a review of them some time ago and was curious to give them a try. I'm so glad I did. 

Image (c) Inspinity
The thing that makes these wires different to so many other blocking wires on offer is that they are flexible. I was a little dubious about how well they would work at first due to the amount of flexibility in the wires but they work so well. I bought the Premium set which the description said were perfect for any weight of yarn or project. I'm now really tempted to buy the ultra long set for blocking large lace items. 

The thing I love the most about the Inspinity wires is the flexibility of each wire allows you to get a really good curved shape instead of fiddling about with pins all the time. I used them for my Occitan and I found them strong and easy to use and got a great curve on it as a result. I would really recommend these to anyone thinking about making a purchase to help them block their knits.

No comments:

Post a Comment