Saturday 30 June 2012

Little Knits

A little while ago I mentioned the lovely new design from Loop called 'Mignon' that used BFL DK Light. Mignon is a design that is perfect for little ones and is a cardigan that calls for only one skein of the recommended yarn. I fell in love with it instantly and so cast one on for my niece who was born last Saturday. She'll be getting all the ridiculously cute and girly things out there that I couldn't knit for my child (because I had a boy!)



I chose to knit my take on Mignon by using the TUT Super Sock base which is a great choice for little knits. This 100% merino base is plied with a tight twist thus giving great stitch definition that shows off the cables of the design perfectly. What's more, it's machine washable which is really handy when you've planned this to be worn by a little one. I've pretty much finished it as it's a very fast knit and I just need to find a pretty button to go with it. I can't wait to see the reaction to this gift, I'm really pleased with it. 

The other little knit I've been working on is the Petit Artichaut pattern, a delicate knit designed by Solenn Couix-Loarer. The pattern calls for a single skein of fingering weight yarn and I chose Plucky Knitter's Primo Fingering. This is such an adorable knit, I can't wait to finish it and gift it as well.

Have you been knitting for any little ones lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment