Sunday 3 June 2012

Occitan

I'm so very excited to be kicking off a series of collaborations this Tuesday. The first pattern is Occitan, by Beth Kling and it'll be available as a pre-order yarn and pattern kit from 4pm BST (check your timezone here) on Etsy.






Occitan is a semi-circular shawl with a stockinette body and a pretty lace border. It’s a really fun and easy knit, as we have come to expect from Beth. It has an unusual construction, which will keep experienced knitters interested and a straight forward lace border, which won’t intimidate a novice knitter. I hope you love it as much as I do.


There will be six colourways to choose from each week and the colours will change a little each week. Each kit will comprise of one skein of Posh Fingering and a black and white printed copy of the pattern. If you give us your Ravelry name, we can send you a pdf copy there ahead of time.


I had lots of fun knitting my Occitan, especially as Jody (aka Sabinaknits) suggested I use beads and I think they worked really well with the pattern. If you’d like to bead your shawl, you might find these notes handy: using a crochet hook, I beaded the second cdd in chart A. Had I had enough beads, I would have also beaded the purl stitches which are snuggled between yos in the increase rows - if you’d like to do this, I reckon you’d need at least another 10g. I also beaded the cdds in the final row. Out of my 10g packet of beads, I had 2 left when I finished the shawl. Well, you might find another 2 or 3 under the sofa…




Catrina, Nadia, Jody, Teresa and Vera all test knit this pattern (thank you!) and made gorgeous versions of it too :)

1 comment:

  1. Your shawlette is really gorgeous. I will order it when I come back from holidays.

    Bless

    Agnès

    ReplyDelete